Greetings from Gameday Baseball in Cordova, Tennessee. We hope that you and your family
are staying safe during this unprecedented time. We would like to update you on the status of
our upcoming tournaments. We are targeting The Memorial Day Bash, May 22-24 as our first
Shelby County has initiated Phase 1 of the plan to start opening up businesses on May 4.
As a Sports Venue, we are considered Phase 2.
Once we reopen, we will follow the guidelines set forth by our local government and health
department and will take extra steps to ensure everyone’s safety. IF the COVID19 numbers
continue to show a decline over the next two weeks, it appears we will be allowed to open our
doors Monday, May 18. The May 22-24 tournament will be directly affected if the data being
recorded through the Shelby County Health Department changes in a way that would alter the
safer at home restrictions that have been lifted.
So, at this time, we are moving forward with plans to host the Memorial Day Blast May 22-24.
You can go to www.gamedaybaseball.com to register for this or any event that we will be
In addition, for local teams/organizations, if we are allowed to open on May 18, our fields will
be available for practices. For More Information Contact: Anna Kilgore at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901-531-7410
You will notice the following:
· Tickets will be purchased outside the front doors – with six feet apart rules applied
· Entrance to park will be through the gate on the south side of the building and exit
will be at the gate on the north side of the building.
· Access to bathrooms will only be from outside the building once you enter the park.
No one will be allowed inside the building except to go to the bathroom.
· Visitors will be required to bring their own chairs. We will not allow anyone to sit
in the bleachers- six feet rule applies
· Coaches correspondence with Tournament Directors will be allowed through the
outside window of the Tournament Directors Office
· Players will not have to be restricted to the dugouts. Players may sit in dug out,
outside dug out or in bleacher area on their side of field
· Players, coaches and umpires will not shake hands before or after the games.
· Concessions will be bottled drinks and pre packaged items only
· Masks for visitors are preferred but optional
· Umpire positioning will be at the discretion of the umpire
· Sharing of equipment is not recommended but optional
· We will have hand sanitizer placed throughout park but you are encourage to bring your own
· Teams are encouraged to use hand sanitizer every other inning during game (provided by team)
Please do not attend if you:
· Have a fever the day prior to the games or on the day of the games
· Have recently lost the ability to taste or smell
· Feel weak or flush
· Been in close contact with someone who has been a confirmed case of COVID-19
· Experiencing shortness of breath , cough or sore throat